Saturday, June 11, 2011

Strawberry-Cream Cheese Cupcakes Revisited

Hello friends!  I feel like I haven't done a proper DIY project in ages.  I have many started, a few ruined, and none finished. I'm attributing it to holidays, birthdays, dance recitals, graduations and all of the fun late-spring/end-of-school activities that seem to fill the calendar this time of year.

I am working on my baby's first birthday party today, so I should have pictures to share soon.  I am making strawberry cream cheese cupcakes for the party with a slightly revised recipe from the last cupcake party, so I thought I would share.

My friend, Birgitta, made strawberry cream cheese cupcakes for a party we had at our church months ago and they were fabulous- a party in your mouth! I even saved a few cupcakes for breakfast the next morning which, by the way, is a fabulous way to start the day.

She used the Betty Crocker recipe for the cupcakes. Birgitta improvised with her simple and fabulous frosting recipe, which was better than any store-bought frosting in a plastic tub (sorry, Betty).

Frosting
Small package of instant pudding (cheesecake or cream cheese flavor)
1 cup milk
1 tub of whipped topping (Cool-Whip)

Combine milk and pudding as directed on the package. Once set, fold in whipped topping. Frost cupcakes and put them in the fridge to set. Garnish cupcakes with strawberry slices. Save some for breakfast ;)

1 comment:

  1. I thought I was the only one who ate cupcakes for breakfast sometime!!
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete